I need to Find A Therapist
January 25, 2011 1:59 PM   Subscribe

I need to find a therapist in San Francisco who treats men who were sexually abused as children.

You can email me offsite : helpmefindatherapist@gmail.com
posted by anonymous to Health & Fitness (4 answers total)
MaleSurvivor.org has a directory of therapists. Best of luck to you in seeking help.
posted by Sidhedevil at 2:17 PM on January 25, 2011 [1 favorite]

Sorry I'm not familiar with the area. I just Googled "sexual abuse survivor therapy San Francisco" and found this listing for someone who has trauma as a specialty. Some other listings include a support group for Latino men who are survivors, one for victims of abuse by clergy. I share the good luck wishes - if your first few contacts don't feel helpful, please keep on looking. Even if these links aren't quite what you are after, it's possible that a phone call or email to them could identify some more resources in that network.
posted by Miko at 2:49 PM on January 25, 2011

Call SFSI and ask them. They have an extensive set of resources for referrals.
posted by gingerbeer at 4:58 PM on January 25, 2011

Stephen Braveman has a deep expertise in this area. He is based in Monterey but would be could source for a referral

Stephen L. Braveman, M.A., L.M.F.T., D.S.T.
posted by metahawk at 5:11 PM on January 25, 2011

« Older Best Gift Ever?   |   Is it something in the water? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.