Snapshot of England demographics needed

I have conducted some research and need to compare the basic demographics I've collected (age, highest level of education, household income, number of children, employment status) to official statistics for England. I know this info exists, I had it a few months ago, but google-fu is failing me because of the hours I've spent staring at my screen and reams of data wrangling today. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Thanks!
posted by ozgirlabroad to Law & Government (5 answers total)

Office for National Statistics?
posted by ComfySofa at 1:31 PM on January 19, 2011

Response by poster: ComfySofa - have had a look around there but it's not quite what I was using before. It's my back up plan though!
posted by ozgirlabroad at 1:38 PM on January 19, 2011

Response by poster: I should clarify, it needs to be as recent as possible - there's always the 2001 census but the population has changed significantly since then.
posted by ozgirlabroad at 1:42 PM on January 19, 2011

Best answer: Hmm, dunno then. Not the Social Trends [pdf] bit?

Just England or the UK?
posted by ComfySofa at 1:47 PM on January 19, 2011 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: That's it! Thanks so much! I'll acknowledge your help in my dissertation acknowledgements :)
posted by ozgirlabroad at 1:52 PM on January 19, 2011

« Older Wait, which one was the droid I was looking for?   |   Helpful Books on "Help"? Newer »