Searching for average man protagonist who repairs aqueducts

Trying to find a fiction fantasy book that has an average protagonist that loses his gold and ends up traveling to another city to avoid issues with the lost gold. The book is apart of a series and features aqueducts, the antagonists as vampires, and the book title looks like some kind of deviation on the word Aqueduct, like Aquadia or such.

The vampires control the city the "hero" ends up going to and the hero is a worker on engineering or at least repairing aqueducts, which he agrees to do for the city in order to survive. He finds out however that the vampires' aqueducts are to supply blood, not water, and also finds a revolution that is working to take down the vampire rulers. The female companion to our hero gets wrapped up with the lead vampire and becomes his consort, believing she too could have eternal life. Another thing I remember is that the hero notices no old vampires, but later when trying to escape the revolt, finds that all the old vampires are kept down in the sewers and are falling to pieces since they can't die. Help me find this book! It was so wonderful to read ^_^ I enjoyed how the hero was just an ordinary man instead of some prophecy child or such.
posted by LittleNami to Society & Culture (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: Is it The Bloodbaths by Steve Libbey from the Aqua Pura trilogy?

(I'm not magic, I actually just googled "lost gold vampires aqueducts fantasy")
posted by polexa at 8:37 AM on January 14, 2011 [2 favorites]

Response by poster: Awesome polexa ^_^ Its weird because I tried google already several times using different variations on the tag words, but I never got a hit. Perhaps I tried searching with too many words, though, rather than too few o_O Thank you again polexa, and sorry to other searchers for wasting some space on that question -_-;
posted by LittleNami at 8:57 AM on January 14, 2011

« Older deliciously fermented   |   How can I go from digital to analog? Newer »