How do I get into Hong Kong equities?
January 13, 2011 3:22 AM   Subscribe

How do I buy shares of a public company on the Hong Kong stock market?

I am very keen on a company that I expect will grow substantially in the next few years thanks to large quantities of investment by leading sector financiers.

I have a US brokerage account with Merrill Lynch however that account suddenly appears very limited in terms of non-domestic stock purchases.

Additionally, I have a Barclays Wealth account that promises international trading however there are a few fees attached to opening a trading account which has prompted me to go in search of better options.

I have the ability to open brokerage accounts in either the US or UK and would like to hear your input. Ideally sooner than later as the stock gained 3% yesterday and is up 14% over the last year.
posted by nickrussell to Work & Money (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I use Interactive Brokers for all my trading, including in Hong Kong.
posted by atrazine at 3:56 AM on January 13, 2011

HSBC's various brokerages generally offer HK trading.
posted by cmyr at 7:48 AM on January 13, 2011

Interactive Brokers is brilliant. Great fees, easy application process, and nice iPhone app.

Thank you!
posted by nickrussell at 8:38 AM on January 13, 2011

« Older Picking the correct probability distribution   |   Male clothing search in NYC--I realize this would... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.