Help me find these matches from Joe vs. the Volcano
January 4, 2011 10:58 AM   Subscribe

Is there a particular name for this type of match that has the extra-long red-tip? Here's another link that shows it lit. (Screenshots taken from 'Joe vs. the Volcano'). Bonus if you can find an online (or Seattle) store that sells 'em. thank you.
posted by jimmereeno to Grab Bag (6 answers total)
Best answer: Storm matches?
posted by sharkfu at 11:01 AM on January 4, 2011

Are they crazy camping waterproof/storm matches? Try REI.
posted by mollymayhem at 11:02 AM on January 4, 2011

That link had a good picture on google image search, here's a one for REI that certainly has a store in Seattle.
posted by sharkfu at 11:03 AM on January 4, 2011

Hurricane Matches?
posted by zengargoyle at 12:03 PM on January 4, 2011

Response by poster: Thank you! You all got it... sharkfu was first.
posted by jimmereeno at 2:06 PM on January 4, 2011

« Older Origins of 10-year statute of limitations on...   |   Lasik surgeons in the NYC area Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.