Walking would be nice, too....
January 3, 2011 12:55 PM   Subscribe

I am looking for a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in knee injuries in NYC, specifically in Manhattan. Who fixed you up and got you running again?
posted by newpotato to Health & Fitness (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I don't have the name on me but try the hospital for special surgery. They have a number of excellent orthopedic surgeons.
posted by the young rope-rider at 1:11 PM on January 3, 2011

Without some other specific recommendation you definitely want to be at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Most of the best orthopedic surgeons in town are there. You are more likely to get a good outcome from someone there than any other hospital in town. That is not to say that there are not individual surgeons practicing elsewhere in town who are not better, but just about everyone at the Hospital for Special Surgery is very good.
posted by caddis at 2:27 PM on January 3, 2011

I also came here to suggest the Hospital for Special Surgery.
posted by cestmoi15 at 4:12 PM on January 3, 2011

« Older Streetwise in Boston?   |   I don't like to move it (move it)! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.