The Reading Store?
April 12, 2005 9:29 PM   Subscribe

I once saw a catalog for a store/mail-order company that sells items for people who read: clip-lights, lap boards, book holders, pedestals, etc.. but I can't find it. Any ideas?
posted by stbalbach to Shopping (9 answers total)
Maybe Levenger ("tools for serious readers")?
posted by PY at 9:35 PM on April 12, 2005

posted by fionab at 9:35 PM on April 12, 2005

I third Levenger - as often advertised in The New Yorker!
posted by ericb at 9:39 PM on April 12, 2005

Dunno if any of these are what you were looking for, but I'm always up for a google challenge

were the best I found specifically for this. searching "Book Accessories" or "Reading Accessories" nets lots of results in other less specific sales venues.
posted by nanojath at 9:39 PM on April 12, 2005

in other news, I'm slow.
posted by nanojath at 9:40 PM on April 12, 2005

be very careful of subscribing to levenger's catalog. All I'm sayin' is I ordered something from them and got junk mail from every remotely related company in the country for years. It was like ridding myself of the junkmail plague when after literally dozens of requests I finally succeeded in getting removed from the last list.

Ugh. Neat stuff though!
posted by prettyboyfloyd at 10:27 PM on April 12, 2005

I have ordered a number of products from Levenger (including the book bungee and the editor's desk) and I'm quite a fan
posted by radioamy at 12:28 AM on April 13, 2005

alex advertise in the lrb.
posted by andrew cooke at 6:19 AM on April 13, 2005

Thanks all.
posted by stbalbach at 4:10 PM on April 13, 2005

« Older Comparitive analysis of Transit worker salaries.   |   Wikipedia: Yes or No? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.