Scheduling app for a doctor's website
December 24, 2010 10:36 AM   Subscribe

Scheduling app or plugin for a doctor's website

I am starting work on a doctor's website. We'd like to include the ability for patients to schedule appointments online. I could program this myself, but would rather use something already tested and debugged.
I'd be comfortable with a Wordpress Plugin, a Django App or an independent PHP or Python (or whatever) application that we could just link to. We'll be installing this in a LAMP environment.
Free is nice, but we'd be willing to pay for something good, stable and easy to use and customize.
posted by signal to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Well, this is less homegrown than what it sounds like you're after, but at least one of my doctors uses Bookfresh for scheduling. Seems to work well.
posted by treblemaker at 10:43 AM on December 24, 2010

These are the four I have bookmarked, never used any of them though:

WordPress Appointment Scheduler - Appointy Plugin
Genbook
ClickBook
Setser
posted by Mick at 11:10 AM on December 24, 2010

My doctor's office (as part of a huge hospital) does this. You may want to contact them and ask how they do it without breaking HIPAA.
posted by saveyoursanity at 12:22 PM on December 24, 2010

Response by poster: We're not in the US.
posted by signal at 12:55 PM on December 24, 2010

Pittsburgh's De Novo Chiropractic has a pretty good online scheduling-and-payment system; you might contact him and see where he got it...
posted by FlyingMonkey at 9:08 PM on December 29, 2010

« Older Stats on men who are falsely accused?   |   Sheriff Andy Griffith (dead) wife Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.