Simulating the old 'music video' shooting mode?

Back in the '90s there used to be a "music video" style recording mode on Sony camcorders that created a low frame-rate, slightly blurred or dreamy look - perhaps something to do with using fewer frames per second and blending the intermediary frames. Does anyone remember this and know how to recreate that look in post-production, e.g. using final cut pro, etc.?
posted by wavejumper to Technology (1 answer total)

Extreme, extreme video editing amateur here, but I achieved this effect somehow a long time ago, and I'm trying to remember what software I used...it was something very basic, like PowerDirector, or possibly even just an effects plugin in VLC or mplayer. Anyway, I think it was called "temporal blur" or "temporal smoothing".
posted by Jimbob at 3:58 PM on December 18, 2010

« Older Economic History beginning with the Ancient and...   |   Help me withdraw cash from Japan in Seattle Newer »