Instant whiteboard
April 9, 2005 8:21 PM   Subscribe

Looking for a substitute for these instant whiteboard sheets.

I can think of a whole bunch of uses for these dry erase sheets from Avery, but there's a problem - they don't appear to be available in the UK.

So, does anyone have any idea what these sheets are made of? Or where I can find a substitute?
posted by Leon to Technology (5 answers total)
First, have you tried tracking down the product's source? It's most likely that you could get them shipped some way, hey. Failing that, though, perhaps you could make something similar with this stuff. Not sure how successful that would be of course. Your local paint shop would probably stock it, too.
posted by sjvilla79 at 7:10 AM on April 10, 2005

Best answer: Bic Velleda Self-adhesive Drywipe Rolls sound like they might serve your purpose. The adhesive backing indicates that they're meant to be more of a permanent fixture, but I suppose you could just tack them up without removing the protective paper and then they'd be portable/removable.
posted by filmgoerjuan at 9:43 AM on April 10, 2005

Best answer: They are wite vinyl. you can pick up as much as you like from any sign shop that make the cut out vinyl lettering. I know this, because I used to work for one.
posted by joelf at 12:23 PM on April 10, 2005

that was jsut WHITE vinyl. nothing special about it
posted by joelf at 12:24 PM on April 10, 2005

Hi you can get the instant whiteboard rolls in the UK at a website called i use it a lot ... this is a specialist site and they also stock a grid version which can help with diagrams etc .. i always use this version .. hope this helps ... James
posted by james lascelles at 11:23 AM on January 2, 2006

« Older photographic inspiration   |   Is this a seizure? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.