Help me find this picture!

Can anyone ID this photo of baby vs adult proportions?

I pulled it off a set of slideshow images from Stuart Sumida's website, but there's no info on where it's from. I could swear I recognise the guy, and I assume this is from a science book of some kind. It's hard to find such a great demonstration of proportions, and I'd like to find the original work that this is from if possible.. thanks!
posted by Erasmouse to Grab Bag (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Response by poster: I should add tineye.com drew a blank.. :(
posted by Erasmouse at 1:06 PM on December 15, 2010

I know I've seen that photo in a textbook in the late 90s. I want to say it was the psychology textbook in my college intro class. Unfortunately that's all I can recall.
posted by Metroid Baby at 1:21 PM on December 15, 2010

This doesn't help at all, but a line drawing of that exact same picture was in an early 90's edition of "The What's Happening to My Body? Book: For Boys". Maybe it will help narrow down the timeframe.
posted by baxter_ilion at 7:32 PM on December 15, 2010

Yup, I was going to say that I recognize it from the book baxter_ilion mentions, for girls.
posted by i_am_a_fiesta at 7:35 PM on December 15, 2010

Response by poster: Thanks for the help! Someone on Twitter thought it might be a Time-Life book, so I'll keep up the search.
posted by Erasmouse at 12:16 PM on December 17, 2010

« Older How do I know if quitting my job and traveling is...   |   Flash Cam Crash Newer »