Looking for centerpiece in this pic
December 11, 2010 12:37 PM   Subscribe

my wife would like a centerpiece like in the attached pic and i wanted to get it for her for xmas. however, i can't find one like it anywhere (local or online) and i used all my google search term combos to no avail. has anyone seen anything like this or does anyone know where online i could order something similar?
posted by denaps to Home & Garden (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Response by poster: http://jeff.stottsan.net/centerpiece.jpeg
posted by denaps at 12:38 PM on December 11, 2010

It's unclear if you're talking about the vase and rack structure, the flowers, or the whole thing, but here's this: The host of the Thanksgiving dinner I went to had a really pretty flower centerpiece custom made at Whole Foods. She said she knew exactly what she wanted, took her ideas in, and they worked with her to get just the right centerpiece.

If you're looking for just the vase setup, you might have luck finding something similar at World Market.
posted by phunniemee at 12:49 PM on December 11, 2010

Have you tried Googling "test tube vases"? You can find them on Amazon as well :)
posted by Syllables at 12:52 PM on December 11, 2010

Response by poster: i am mainly interested in the bronze-looking structure that the glass vases are situated in. i think it will be easy enough to find the glass to fit in there, but the multi-vase holder is the problem. i will def. check amazon though thank you.
posted by denaps at 12:59 PM on December 11, 2010

Not exact matches, but there's this and this at Urban Outfitters, this at JC Penney (which only has two bottles), and this thing with test tubes and, uh, hinges.
posted by wreckingball at 1:46 PM on December 11, 2010

Perhaps something like this, where you could replace the votive glasses with taller glasses for the flowers.
posted by essexjan at 1:48 PM on December 11, 2010

Where's the picture from? If it's a magazine, there should be at least a photo credit, and maybe a product listing somewhere. TinEye brings up no results.
posted by booksherpa at 2:16 PM on December 11, 2010

BTW those are gerbera daisies and greens in the pic. Any competent florist will be able to give you that look easily once you find the bronze rack.

I do have a suggestion-go to a florist near you and see if they have anything in their wholesale books like this-they may be able to order it for you.
posted by St. Alia of the Bunnies at 5:01 PM on December 11, 2010

BedBathandBeyond and other home decor places should have options like that (look for "candle holder" or "linear candle holder", then just replace the candles/votives with vases). Here's one that approximates the look, although it's got more happening on the sides than the one you linked to.

Target also has something similar.
posted by alleycat01 at 7:13 PM on December 11, 2010

« Older What social norms do you break with no consequence...   |   Philly Spa Recommendations Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.