Opposite of Google Translate
November 24, 2010 4:02 AM   Subscribe

You know how Google Translate in Chrome will translate a page, and if you hover the mouse over something, it'll show the original? Is there something that can do the opposite: only show the English translation if you hover over the foreign text? (for Chrome or Firefox)
posted by Busoni to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
Yes, the Google Toolbar (for Firefox, don't know about Chrome?) will do exactly this, but I think it only works on individual words?
posted by facetious at 4:25 AM on November 24, 2010

The Firefox add-on gTranslate does this. You can select as much or as little text as you want translated.
posted by neushoorn at 4:48 AM on November 24, 2010

The google toolbar will do the word or a selection.
posted by L'Estrange Fruit at 4:55 AM on November 24, 2010

I use the Bubble Translate extension for this.
posted by theodolite at 7:33 AM on November 24, 2010

« Older Please help a British guy celebrate Thanksgiving...   |   Using lavender for woodworm Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.