Packin' Up The Tunes

Is there anywhere in Vancouver, BC that I could purchase a Crosley suitcase-turntable (or something similar)?
posted by mannequito to Technology (4 answers total)

Restoration Hardware at Broadway & Granville had them a few years ago. Other than that you may be able to find a portable record player (Vestax Handy Trax) at Beatstreet records.
posted by jade east at 2:15 PM on November 13, 2010

Response by poster: Yeah I saw the Vestax at Tom Lee, but it didn't impress me nearly enough even though I think they're generally a well respected company. It just looked and felt flimsy. It was also more expensive than these are online, but it's the kind of thing I'd rather buy in person than have shipped.

I'll try Restoration, thanks.
posted by mannequito at 3:11 PM on November 13, 2010

Vintage Media on 12th and Main sells a bunch of old instruments and players. I just wandered in there because it's in my neighborhood and I remembered your question. They didn't have a Crosley but they did have a slightly less awesome looking plastic Viking model. Can't find an example online though. The price was $50.
posted by PercussivePaul at 2:28 PM on November 14, 2010

Response by poster: Whoa crazy Paul, I never knew Vintage Media was there until a few hours ago when I biked by randomly. Great little store. I saw that same Viking table, it was cool in a vintage sort of way but these Crosleys are really solid pieces of hardware.

Restoration Hardware didn't have them either but it looks like Sears might actually carry them, so I'll find out tomorrow.
posted by mannequito at 9:18 PM on November 14, 2010

« Older Where to live in DC?   |   Outlook Exchange on Phone and Mismatched... Newer »