Someone please identify this song/band!

What's the name of the fairly recent indie song with a lot of whistling in it and the line "I really care about you" in the lyrics?
posted by zinegurl to Media & Arts (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John doesn't have that exact line, but similar ones. And it sure as hell has a lot of whistling.
posted by i_am_a_fiesta at 2:16 PM on November 2, 2010

Along the same lines as i_am_a_fiesta's answer: Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros has lots of whistling and similar lyrics.
posted by rebekah at 2:20 PM on November 2, 2010 [1 favorite]

Sounds like Young Folks to me.
posted by markmillard at 2:46 PM on November 2, 2010

Maybe you are hearing "And we don't care about the young folks" as "I really care about you"...?
posted by the_blizz at 3:04 PM on November 2, 2010

rebekah: "Along the same lines as i_am_a_fiesta's answer: Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros has lots of whistling and similar lyrics"

This is what I was thinking, too, when I came in here. "Home is wherever I'm with you" could possibly sound like what you're thinking.
posted by barnacles at 3:11 PM on November 2, 2010

Even though the line is not exactly the same, when I read your question I instantly thought of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes as well.
posted by hurdy gurdy girl at 3:55 PM on November 2, 2010

Response by poster: Yes, I think it is the song that has the line "And we don't care about the young folks" as "I really care about you"--the song starts (and I believe ends) with whistling
posted by zinegurl at 5:36 PM on November 2, 2010

Response by poster: It is Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John--thanks much!
posted by zinegurl at 5:38 PM on November 2, 2010

« Older Can I Eat It (next year)?   |   My liberal arts degree did not prepare me for this... Newer »