Speed graphic flash adapter?
October 20, 2010 9:15 AM   Subscribe

Speed Graphic flash adapter? I'd like to use a modern flash system with an old speed graphic lens - the kind with a two pin flash connection. Google and B&H searches fail me, perhaps because I'm using the wrong terms. Does such an adapter exist?
posted by aladfar to Media & Arts (4 answers total)
Response by poster: A bit more digging reveals that I may have to order a custom cord from Paramount. Other suggestions still welcome!
posted by aladfar at 9:46 AM on October 20, 2010

The term you're looking for is a Bipost sync cable, and I'll agree that Paramount is your best (if not only) choice.

Also, if you're looking for more info I'd suggest consulting the forums on Graflex.org. They're a wealth of knowledge if you're trying to use old equipment like this.
posted by bill the tinman at 10:24 AM on October 20, 2010 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Depending on the conditions you may not even need a synch cord. Just set the shutter to B and hit the flash after you've pressed the bulb. The f-stop should be set for the flash setting. For 90% of your night "grip and grins" f16 will not register the ambient light for shutter speeds of ~ 1 sec.
posted by JJ86 at 11:59 AM on October 20, 2010

Response by poster: JJ86: You're spot on - I think I can get away with out one. In fact, given what I may actually be better off without syncing. Thanks for the advice!
posted by aladfar at 12:48 PM on October 20, 2010

« Older How to get counseling while unemployed?   |   Help me not miss this Broadway show! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.