Help identifying type of data port on mp3 player
October 11, 2010 7:31 AM   Subscribe

I lost the cable that came with my mp3 player and none of my USB cables fit it. Here is a picture of the data port. What kind of connector/cable is that? Thanks.
posted by atm to Computers & Internet (8 answers total)
what brand mp3 player do you have?
posted by santojulieta at 7:36 AM on October 11, 2010

Looks proprietary to me, or at least not a standard USB connector... What is the model and manufacturer of the device?

It almost resembles a Micro-USB cable, but it definitely isn't.
posted by Rendus at 7:37 AM on October 11, 2010

It's a Hisonic MH-601.
posted by atm at 7:40 AM on October 11, 2010

It looks like one of those weird notched Mini-B connectors. I've had a few devices that used them. Here's a source.
posted by le morte de bea arthur at 7:49 AM on October 11, 2010

Everything I'm finding on that player points to it being a non-standard connector. You're going to have a pretty hard time finding a replacement cable, unfortunately.
posted by Rendus at 7:50 AM on October 11, 2010

I think le morte de bea arthur has it. That looks like exactly what you need. If it doesn't work, try contacting the manufacturer with this form. If that doesn't work either, the previous manufacturer, who still appears to sell and maybe support the product, also has a contact form.
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 9:09 AM on October 11, 2010

I think le morte de bea arthur is right too. Thanks for the info guys.
posted by atm at 9:18 AM on October 11, 2010

Do you have a radio shack nearby? If you need the cable now you may want to swing by them.
posted by doorsfan at 10:22 AM on October 11, 2010

« Older I have a business card CD. I have a Mac. Um.   |   Derdum Derdim Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.