Name of short ballet film

Help me find this short, very mod ballet film. It's in color, from the 1950s.

It's approximately 10-15 minutes long and features dancers wearing very architecturally designed costumes (like conical skirts). I saw it about 20 years ago and occasionally think about how fascinating it was. It might have been in the Bauhaus or mid-century modern vein.
posted by nikitabot to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I'm curious, got anything else? Architectural inspiration was not unheard of even earlier, Massines 'Parade' had two characters in costumes by Picasso that were a cubist New York and Paris. Was it distinctly ballet or could it be modern?
posted by sammyo at 12:41 PM on September 19, 2010

Best answer: It sounds like Oskar Schlemmer's Triadic Ballet. There are more bits of it on YouTube also.
posted by Sallyfur at 2:44 PM on September 19, 2010 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: Sallyfur, thanks that is it! I knew ballet was part of the title. It looks very fresh for something filmed in the late 20s.
posted by nikitabot at 4:51 PM on September 19, 2010

« Older How should we split the bill when I make...   |   Looking for online personality tests Newer »