Looking for an obscure, tiny, indescribable object
September 15, 2010 8:33 AM   Subscribe

Where oh where can I buy more of this clever "clasp" for rubber tubing jewelry?

I was given a pendant strung on 2.5mm rubber tubing, and the necklace closure was a clever little gizmo that I'd love to buy more of. But my normally awesome Google-fu is failing me, and I can't find the product anywhere. The person who made the necklace bought the connector with the tubing at a bead show a while ago, but doesn't remember which vendor she bought it from.

You can see pictures of the gizmo here. I don't know if it's actually sterling silver or just silvertone metal. I probably should have included something to indicate scale, but the outside diameter of the tubing is 2.5mm, to give you a sense of size.

I have very low expectations that someone will be able to track this product down, but I'd love to be proven wrong!
posted by pluckemin to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: You want a "soft glass tubing connector" as shown here.

It may also be called something else, but I got there from a google search of "Hollow rubber tube finding", then clicked the Bead&Button link. Then a search for "soft glass tubing connector" gives some choices. Enjoy. :)
posted by WowLookStars at 8:49 AM on September 15, 2010

And if you want more colors of cord, or if you don't want the connector to show at all, what you want is pony bead lacing.
posted by fiercecupcake at 8:51 AM on September 15, 2010

Response by poster: Wow! That was quick, especially given how much time I've put into searching for the damn thing. Thanks, WowLookStars!
posted by pluckemin at 8:57 AM on September 15, 2010

« Older What's a good, heavily-replayable, multiplayer FPS...   |   How can I combine form information, attachments... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.