Old hotels in DFW

Looking for historic and/or old & unrestored hotels in and around DFW

I'm scouting for locations for a short film and I need an old hotel. Preferably something with a vintage, "cheap" vibe. Like the Chelsea in NY for example. Theres a neat hotel near Fair Park called the Adler that I looked at but it looks like things won't work out there. So, any ideas?
posted by senseofsurreal to Society & Culture (5 answers total)

Gotta be the Belmont.
posted by AngerBoy at 3:39 PM on September 14, 2010

There's a place called the Anchor Motel on Northwest Highway around Harry Hines. I don't know anything about it other than it has an awesome old neon sign shaped like an anchor. it may not be right for your project, but it's a really great sign.
posted by Shohn at 3:58 PM on September 14, 2010

There is an historic hotel in Granbury: the Nutt House Hotel
posted by CathyG at 7:20 PM on September 14, 2010

Response by poster: Heah, thanks guys, I really appreicate the help. Belmont looks great and the front desk actually looks like the one I hand in mind when I wrote the script. If they're cool w/ what I want to do hopefully it'll be Belmont for the interiors and Adler for the exteriors
posted by senseofsurreal at 10:46 PM on September 14, 2010

Awesome. If you're coming in from out of town, let me know if you need help finding your way around while you're here. Have fun!
posted by AngerBoy at 6:56 AM on September 15, 2010

« Older The Beers of New England   |   How can I use Mail.app to send email to a group... Newer »