A bunch of roses for the victor.

What is this saucy french song?

The song runs through the Japanese adverts for the Shiseido makeup line "Integrate". Tried looking up official sites and other versions of the commercial in the hope that the song credits would pop up.

I can't get this song out of my head, can anyone identify?

youtube link
posted by sardonicsmile to Grab Bag (5 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

I can't seem to find the specifc song, but the singer seems to be Camille - at least, she also has similarly poppy a capella songs.
posted by maryr at 8:52 AM on September 13, 2010

I've been looking at this the other direction, and searching in Japanese also turns up Camille, and seems to indicate that the songs are originals for Shiseido. Here is where that information is all on one page, as well as the name of the model (Cecile Kishimoto) and a picture of a recent Camille album.
posted by whatzit at 12:22 PM on September 13, 2010

It's definitely Camille - but I also didn't recognize the song when I first heard it, and I've listened to all of her albums. Luckily, there are French fans discussing this very question:

http://www.lesacdesfans.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1576

They seem to agree that it's a new song, not yet released, and that you can listen to it in its sexy entirely if you go to the main Shiseido website. The conversation seems to digress after that. But hey, if they can figure out anything else, and we can sorta translate it, maybe we'll have the answer. (I checked her official website and didn't see any press about it though.)
posted by ke rose ne at 1:41 PM on September 13, 2010

*entirety
posted by ke rose ne at 1:42 PM on September 13, 2010

ah, thank you! it does sound like camille. roses for you all!
posted by sardonicsmile at 7:19 PM on September 13, 2010

« Older Workaround for password-stealing keyloggers?   |   Homemade POM wonderful tea? Newer »