explain the joke in this image please...

Can someone explain this image to me? What's the joke? (uh, yeah, I'm totally asking for a friend.)
posted by yeoz to Society & Culture (6 answers total)

Looks like something from the middle of a thread in /b on 4chan. I'm guessing that outside the context of whatever thread it was it makes no sense.
posted by de void at 9:59 AM on September 10, 2010

It's probably something that's a "private joke"
I've belonged to plenty of forums where everyone would make ridiculous images with quotes that were said in chat/in threads that wouldn't make any sense to anyone except for the people that were there.
posted by KogeLiz at 10:02 AM on September 10, 2010

It's a general riff on [nsfw] Advice Dog / Courage Wolf / many many others.
posted by Rhomboid at 10:24 AM on September 10, 2010

Isn't that one of the Star Wars sand people? Gary and Tom might be droids… besides this, I've got nothing. I did laugh, though.
posted by dominik at 11:06 AM on September 10, 2010

Could be wrong... but it reminiscent of an Adeptus Mechanicus guy from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. If that's right then the joke is that (something along the lines of, I am by no means a W40k expert) the Adeptus Mechanicus turn criminals into servitors - replacing their brains with computers and adding cybernetic components to create a mindless semi organic machine. Thus this particular guy is turning those other two guys into a kitchen apliance and a small gadget.
posted by EndsOfInvention at 11:17 AM on September 10, 2010

« Older Make my sammich interesting!   |   Where did this Dave Eggers quote originate? Newer »