Total Eclipse of the Bulb
September 9, 2010 12:19 AM   Subscribe

What are those A19 light bulbs with the silver in the center called?

This is merely a vocabulary question: I'm looking for indoor light bulbs that have the center obscured, as though the last third of the bulb has been dipped in silver... what are those called?

posted by stewiethegreat to Home & Garden (2 answers total)
Silver bowl light bulbs.
posted by phaedon at 12:21 AM on September 9, 2010

They are called half-mirror or silver bowl bulbs.
posted by jamaro at 12:24 AM on September 9, 2010

« Older Relationships: I'm not good at figuring these...   |   I'd like to be teaching high school math in New... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.