Color/Gradient Generator from hex codes
August 27, 2010 8:04 AM   Subscribe

Looking for a color/gradient generator where you put in your hex code (#6699CC) and it generates shades of that color from white, to the color, to black. It's a very plain page with just the shades from light to dark and their hex codes.
posted by jesirose to Computers & Internet (12 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
Something like this Three Color Gradient Generator?
posted by jazon at 8:17 AM on August 27, 2010

No, it's a tool where you just put in your one color, but that might work.

To clarify, this is an existing site, and I lost my bookmark. Can't find it in google, or on the sites I would have got the link from in the first place.
posted by jesirose at 8:26 AM on August 27, 2010

I really like color synthaxis. It takes some tinkering with to get the results you like, but it's worth the effort.
posted by Devils Rancher at 8:27 AM on August 27, 2010

I don't know if any of these are what you had in mind, but thought I would share the list just in case:

(makeuesof) 10 sites to play with colors and create color palettes
posted by smalls at 8:31 AM on August 27, 2010

You could do this manually by incrementing or decrementing all the values at the same time:

posted by odinsdream at 8:41 AM on August 27, 2010

Color Scheme Designer
posted by callmejay at 9:05 AM on August 27, 2010

You can do that with this.
posted by dirtdirt at 9:15 AM on August 27, 2010

None of those is the specific site I was looking for, but I appreciate the links!

This one the entire page was just colors, in a column from white down to black. It didn't do complimentary colors, etc, just shades.

@odinsdream, that works, but this was a little more subtle.
posted by jesirose at 11:34 AM on August 27, 2010

Might have been Westciv's linear gradient tool? But you could try searching delicious for something like gradient tool to see if the one you're thinking of comes up.
posted by ceri richard at 11:45 AM on August 27, 2010

Probably not what you're looking for, but I'll throw it out there.
posted by royalsong at 12:47 PM on August 27, 2010

It wasn't called a gradient generator as far as I remember, that's just what it looked like when it generated the shades. I'm pretty sure it had the word hex in it.

Thanks for all the links.
posted by jesirose at 2:33 PM on August 27, 2010

Found it on delicious by looking for "gradient hex"

See? My fail. But I got it in the end!! :)
posted by jesirose at 2:38 PM on August 27, 2010

« Older No more pinching or zooming for me.   |   Milosz's "Miguel Manara" in English? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.