Where can I find two-column browser software?
August 27, 2010 5:45 AM   Subscribe

Are there any web browsers that will display a single web page in a two-column layout, side by side?

My PC screen is 1920 pixels wide, but most web pages only use about 1000 pixels of width, if that. Is there such a thing as a browser that can be set to split the browser window into two halves, to display the top of a web page in the left half, and the vertical continuation of that page in the right half (i.e., a two column layout)? This would be similar to the way Microsoft Word automatically displays two pages of a document side by side if your monitor is wide enough. In my mind, if the user scrolls down, new content would be displayed first at the bottom of the right column, and then topmost content of the right column would switch over to be displayed at the bottom of the left column.
Windows 7-compatible software, if possible. I'm sure such a thing exists, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
posted by bakerybob to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
Firefox extension - Fox Splitter
posted by doorsfan at 6:58 AM on August 27, 2010

Response by poster: Thanks for the suggestion, doorsfan, but Fox Splitter doesn't quite do what I want - it splits the window into multiple panes, but doesn't let me use those to display flowing content of a single webpage. For example, if I split the window into two panes showing different parts of the same page, and turn on Fox Splitter's synchronized scroll, it jumps to showing the same part of the page in both panes, which isn't what I want. Any other alternatives?
posted by bakerybob at 6:12 PM on August 27, 2010

« Older Mortgage Fun   |   What were the Yahoos missing out on? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.