[novice photog filter] Where can my wife learn photography?
August 10, 2010 6:23 PM   Subscribe

Mrs. Draccy would like to take an intro to photography class near Worcester, MA, but I am unable to find something relevant to a novice (read: near no experience) photog. She doesn't enjoy using the internet to learn and would prefer classroom or workshop environments. Any suggestions?
posted by Draccy to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Do any local colleges offer a Continuing Education program? Here in NM, Continuing Ed is a great place to take photography classes.
posted by Sara Anne at 6:33 PM on August 10, 2010

Worcester Art Museum has great classes, and they have quite a few Photography ones this Fall.
posted by Biblio at 6:41 PM on August 10, 2010 [1 favorite]

She might want to check into meetup.com. There are a number of photography groups, and several are run by professional photographers of various stripes. The Boston Photography Center in particular offers intro classes periodically.

NESOP (New England School of Photography, not a meetup, but a real school) may be an option, as well.

These are more Boston-centric, but there are a few meetups out in the burbs.
posted by Admiral Haddock at 6:45 PM on August 10, 2010

Assabet After Dark has a couple of classes that start in the fall. They also have some Photoshop retouching classes that might be of help too. Classes are $110-$155 and they are held at Assabet High School in Marlboro. You didn't say what kind of camera you have but a DSLR Camera is recommended.
posted by lilkeith07 at 6:59 PM on August 10, 2010

« Older I want to be a brain in a jar   |   Citronella Collar: Can I refill it with water? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.