Where can I purchase Chemex coffee filters in Minneapolis-St Paul?

Where can I find Chemex filters to purchase in Minneapolis-St Paul area? I rummaged up an old Chemex coffee maker and I know I'm able to order filters online, but is there anywhere locally that I can purchase the fliters. Thanks in advance!
posted by fancydave to Food & Drink (8 answers total)

Neat brewer- I know nothing about Mpls coffee scene (aside from the fact that Paradise Roasters kick ass) but if you go to the chemex site, there's an option to find local suppliers.
posted by ethnomethodologist at 4:12 PM on August 10, 2010

I know you specifically stated you didn't want to order them online, but if it does turn out you need to resort to that, I found that Amazon has a pretty good selection and price on them. Plus, it's fun to be more excited about your coffee filters than new books!
posted by iamkimiam at 4:36 PM on August 10, 2010

You might inquire at Whole Foods:

3060 Excelsior Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(612) 927-8141

The Whole Foods store in Hadley Massachusetts usually has them. They're a little pricier than regular drip filters no matter where you find them, but it's soooooo worth it.
posted by usonian at 4:38 PM on August 10, 2010

You might try local co-ops. I found an Aeropress at the Hampden Park Co-op in St. Paul so I always have them in mind for obscure stuff. I'd probably check with the Wedge.

If you strike out and really don't want to order any, drop me a Memail, I think I have some filters in a drawer somewhere.
posted by cabingirl at 4:46 PM on August 10, 2010

Oh hey, Angry Catfish apparently brews Chemex so maybe they can help you out. Conveniently, A Baker's Wife is next door if you want a little pastry to have with your coffee.
posted by cabingirl at 4:50 PM on August 10, 2010

Response by poster: hmm...just struck out at whole foods and the wedge coop. can anyone think of some specialty kitchenware stores that might have it? (i already tried macys and williams sonoma)
posted by fancydave at 5:00 PM on August 10, 2010

Best answer: Three stores sell Chemex filters and equipment: Cooks of Crocus Hill; Kitchen Window and Cur La Table. Just give them a call so you do not have to do an unnecessary drive. The superior staff, I found, are at Kitchen Window in Minneapolis, Uptown area. The staff at Sur La Table and Cooks of Crocus Hill are comparable though to be honest, I have not been impressed with their expertise.
posted by jadepearl at 7:00 PM on August 10, 2010

It's just laboratory filter paper. You can get this cheaply and easily.
posted by Mr. Yuck at 11:06 PM on August 10, 2010

« Older Childhood Book Set in Medieval Times   |   Help me track down an old hilarious comment thread... Newer »