Running in East Williamsburg/Bushwick Brooklyn?

I'm looking to start running again, but I just moved off the Morgan stop on the L and am unsure of a good route/spot.

I could run at Mccaren, which I may do, any other ideas?
posted by mattsweaters to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Hi, I don't have anything to add other than welcome to the neighborhood and good luck trying to find a place to run that isn't covered in broken glass and dog shit :) I have been trying to come up with a solution to the 'where to run' question myself, so I'll be revisiting this thread.
posted by greta simone at 8:04 PM on July 28, 2010

Up north of the Jefferson stop into Queens is where things get nicer again. So Flushing to St Nicholas, then right, up Troutman and a loop around the cemetery. That was the best route I found. Walk Jog Run may have more.
posted by dame at 10:14 PM on July 28, 2010

If you're going all the way to Jefferson, I believe there's a track at Grover Cleveland HS. Otherwise, yes, McCarran. Personally I find running on-street in industrial parts of Brooklyn to be stimulating, but YMMV.
posted by zvs at 12:30 AM on July 29, 2010

How far were you looking to run?
posted by saladin at 4:09 AM on July 29, 2010

Run up Morgan Ave to Cooper Park.
Run around Cooper Park as many times as you want to run around it.
Run back home.

I'd suggest something similar for Maria Hernandez Park, but I don't think it has anything like a loop to run around and Cooper Park does.
posted by oreofuchi at 11:55 AM on July 29, 2010

« Older I'll name that tune in....   |   Seeking hotel cryptographer Newer »