Past History

Is there a service that will for a fee, pull up your entire arrest history and speeding tickets history or any other background info? I need one that pull the most comprehensive history for someones past. Thanks in advance.
posted by flipmiester99 to Law & Government (15 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It might help you get useful responses if you said why you need this information.
posted by goatdog at 7:40 AM on July 27, 2010

How soon do you need it, and how much are you willing to spend?
posted by box at 7:40 AM on July 27, 2010

I remember when my father thought my mother was cheating on him, he paid $800 for a private invistigator - who in return, gave him pretty much any information about the guy in question.
posted by KogeLiz at 7:51 AM on July 27, 2010

Where do you live?

In Massachusetts the information you want is contained in something called a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information).

Access to CORI information is restricted to people who have a specific professional need for it, such as day care providers. Also, CORI info is notoriously inaccurate and misleading. So at least in Mass, take it with a big grain of salt.
posted by alms at 7:55 AM on July 27, 2010

OP is in Sachse, Tx.
posted by shakespeherian at 7:59 AM on July 27, 2010

Response by poster: Looking into getting hired on in Tx for a fire department....Well i need to have details for when i was arrested when and for every speeding ticket.
posted by flipmiester99 at 8:00 AM on July 27, 2010

Intellicorp, you will need to get a release.
posted by The 10th Regiment of Foot at 8:19 AM on July 27, 2010

Sorry, didn't catch that this is for you. You can sign your own release!
posted by The 10th Regiment of Foot at 8:20 AM on July 27, 2010

There are dozens of reputable providers who will run a background check on you for $25-50 depending on how thorough a search you want to do.

My company has a relationship with Safe Hiring Solutions, who seem to do a decent job, but there are dozens of other providers who will do just fine. Google "background check".
posted by valkyryn at 8:22 AM on July 27, 2010

Can't you just contact the DMV?

Says Sachse is part of two counties.

http://www.dallascounty.org/applications/english/record-search/pars.html

and also here:

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/Cch/index.aspx

and Texas court state search:
http://www.courts.state.tx.us/

If you have moved, some cities have similiar pages like this depending on privacy laws of your state.
Otherwise I would just use a service like US Search
posted by KogeLiz at 9:07 AM on July 27, 2010

Sorry I didn't hyperlink those

Response by poster: Thanks....Out of the ones mentioned so far which one is the best & most thorough?

Intellicorp
Safe Hiring Solutions
US search

??

posted by flipmiester99 at 10:26 AM on July 27, 2010

Is the onus on you to do your own records search? Usually you just sign a release and the hiring agency does its own legwork. Couldn't tell you which records search is the best choice, though, sorry.
posted by asciident at 9:52 PM on July 27, 2010

They'll all do a comparable job. Most will actually tell you exactly what databases they search at what prices levels, so you can choose the one which best fits your needs.
posted by valkyryn at 3:12 AM on July 28, 2010

Asciident, I believe the poster is trying to ensure that he/she has his/her own record correct for purposes of disclosure before the hiring agency does their own search.
posted by The 10th Regiment of Foot at 5:45 AM on July 29, 2010

« Older please help me not look like a bag lady!   |   Gel-filled hacky sacks? Newer »