Where can I find these amazing plastic hingeless jewel cases?

I work for a public radio show. Sometimes we receive flexible CD cases from film studios that we absolutely love. We'd like to order a case of these. However, we can't seem to find them online. They don't have hinges -- and they're incredibly thin. This is what they look like. Do you know what these are called and where we can get them?

They're not these because we called and asked if they were flexible; they're not -- and they have hinges.

We assume that film companies are buying these in bulk from a plant. We'd like to order from the same plant -- but we can't figure out what they're called.

Thanks for your help in advance.
posted by melodykramer to Shopping (8 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite

What about these, from a library supply company?
posted by shiny blue object at 7:30 AM on June 29, 2010 [1 favorite]

I work in a library and we use showcases1.com. look for the thinpack dvd ones.
posted by majortom1981 at 7:35 AM on June 29, 2010 [1 favorite]

shiny blue has it. They are called polypropylene jewel cases or more exactly, polypropylene clamshells.
posted by DarlingBri at 7:36 AM on June 29, 2010 [1 favorite]

Thank you both. I think you've solved this mystery. This is very exciting.
posted by melodykramer at 7:37 AM on June 29, 2010

Just look for polypropylene cases.

On preview, shiny blue object got it.
posted by halogen at 7:37 AM on June 29, 2010 [1 favorite]

here?
posted by WeekendJen at 7:39 AM on June 29, 2010 [1 favorite]

If you need a good source for these in bulk, I have consistently purchased from Super Media Store and been happy every time. $25 and over and you get free shipping and with stuff like this, it's pretty easy to get over $25.
posted by spec80 at 8:19 AM on June 29, 2010

Thanks everyone from everyone here in Philly! We have an abundance of jewel(ed)...cases....
posted by melodykramer at 9:16 AM on June 29, 2010

« Older What's the plan, man?   |   What is this coin and who is the dour man in the... Newer »