Help me find the name for my new favorite pants
June 24, 2010 11:17 AM   Subscribe

What are these pants (on the girl) called, so that I can I find them/a pattern for them? From the Bollywood routine on So You Think You Can Dance last night. The slit and the billoweyness when she spins are the key aspects of why I love these.
posted by Sweetdefenestration to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total)
Harem pants
posted by Carbolic at 11:22 AM on June 24, 2010

Best answer: Harem Pants. You might have luck searching for belly dancing costumes because a lot of fashion shops are selling 'harem pants' that aren't really what you're looking for
posted by missmagenta at 11:23 AM on June 24, 2010

(Why don't my links ever turn into links?!?)

That pattern doesn't have the leg slits, but it would be pretty easy to just cut straight up the legs and hem before assembly.

I'm a belly dancer, I have started making my own outfits, and I've found a ton of free patterns on the net.

If that one doesn't do it for you, just google 'free pattern belly dance pants'.
posted by malibustacey9999 at 5:22 PM on June 24, 2010

« Older heart & soul mates   |   Have the option of taking Aikido...any advice? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.