Name of a movie about a rogue (blue?) elephant?

Looking for the name of a movie that I have distant memories of from when I was kid, say about 35 years ago. There was a rampaging elephant that was a constant in the movie until the climatic scene at the end of the movie where someone, with the elephant bearing down on him, finds a rifle buried in the ground that he digs out and uses to kill said elephant. Also, if I remember correctly, the elephant was blue

It seems to me that it was an old movie by the time I saw it.

I also seem to remember that a lot of it took place in the jungle or somewhere that was heavily wooded.

Thinking about it now, the elephant might have had a Moby Dick quality about in that it had a quasi-magical quality about it that had been a terror in some form or another, for some time.

And I want to say that the rifle found in the ground had some previous connection to the elephant.

Thanks.
posted by notcostello to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Is it Elephant Walk with Elizabeth Taylor?
posted by Allee Katze at 8:16 PM on June 18, 2010

Is it Lord of the Jungle? Click where it says [+] Read full synopsis.
posted by iconomy at 9:11 PM on June 18, 2010

Googled it and it does not sound like it.

From memory, there was an individual elephant that played a critical role and was singled out (a la Moby Dick).
posted by notcostello at 9:16 PM on June 18, 2010

Lord of the Jungle sounds more like it but in the end they do not kill the animals.

In what I remember, the elephant is killed, triumphantly. The guy who does it uncovers this (long forgotten) rifle in dirt at the last second. It as kill or be killed.
posted by notcostello at 9:27 PM on June 18, 2010

« Older Help me be nicer to myself.   |   What's a really good, non-fiction book about a... Newer »