Where are the great coffee/tea shops in Metrowest Massachusetts?

Massachusetts Burbs Filter: I live in the Metro-west area of Massachusetts (Hopedale, Milford, Medway, Bellingham), where are the great coffee shops and places for chilling out and doing some writing or just relaxing with a cup of tea and a good book?

It's tough to find places outside of Boston that are interesting and nice to just go to and relax (my town has about 4 Dunkin Donuts). I went to school in Burlington, VT and there were a ton of great coffee shops to hang out at. I'm looking for a similar vibe if anyone has any knowledge.
posted by modoriculous to Food & Drink (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

If you don't mind going a bit out of your way, there's a nice little coffee shop (with a recently added book store) in Holliston called Coffee Haven. The exact address is 76 Railroad Street.

Here's the reviews on Yelp, unanimously positive: http://www.yelp.com/biz/coffee-haven-holliston

Here's your Street View.

I no longer live in the area, but I went there frequently when I did, and my mother assures me they've only gotten better. There are some other nice small shops nearby as well, from an old fashioned general store (Fiske's) to an excellent family owned grocery/deli (the Superette), all within walking distance. The library is right there as well.

If you look it up on Google Maps, you're looking at the intersections of Railroad and Central St, and Washington St (aka Rt 16/126) and Central St.
posted by CrayDrygu at 4:50 PM on June 17, 2010

« Older schoolhouse rock with my brother   |   Quickly closing down a UK company Newer »