How do I best automate testimonials from emails?

How can I make excel cells come out in HTML in testimonial like boxes?

I have an excel file with 52 cells, each one containing a testimonial or customer comment.

how can i create a web page where each cell would become a separate one cell table (not a table with a cell for each entry) that I could then use in a blog post?

My two challenges: automating separate cells or separate emails onto a web page, and do it in a way that allows me to "split up" the comments with interspersed text...

I hope I'm being graphically clear enough about what I want to achieve...

I get sometimes 30 emails in a day that I would post on my blog... but i would want each one to be in its own comment box... say a yellow background box.

and I want to automate it as much as possible... I just spent hours trying to do one manually, and it's still not just-so.

I get sometimes 30 emails in a day that I would post on my blog... but i would want each one to be in its own comment box... say a yellow backround box.

Thank You!
posted by Izzmeister to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

If I understand the requirements correctly, you want a way to extract text from incoming emails, and present that text on a web page, such that each individual email's text ends up inside a box with a yellow background.

I absolutely fail to see why Excel needs to be involved in any way; this sounds like a fairly straightforward scripting job, to me.
posted by flabdablet at 5:21 PM on June 8, 2010

Response by poster: i mentioned excel because sometimes the information comes in via a web-form and is in tab delimited or xls file type...

but assuming excel is not needed, how could i get google web-mail scripted to what I want?

you make it sound so simple! :)
posted by Izzmeister at 5:48 PM on June 8, 2010

What software or service does your blog run on? (Wordpress, Blogger, ... ?) That will definitely affect the best solution
posted by misterbrandt at 7:51 PM on June 8, 2010

Response by poster: wordpress. hosted on my own site.

Thank You!
posted by Izzmeister at 3:06 AM on June 9, 2010

« Older Long Distance Calling for Ms. Heartbreak   |   Help me find my missing folder on a USB drive. Newer »