Do not pass. Do not pass. Answer this question.

Movie Title Filter: Help me remember this 80's movie!

-- Came out between 1987-1991
-- End of the world sci fi movie
-- The last shot is of a church, viewed through what could be a blurry security camera, with a static-y voice over explaining the danger.
-- Time travel may have been involved.

(Backstory: I saw this movie in a theater while living in MD. Was completely shocked & creeped-out by the ending. Forgot about it. UNTIL I drove thru a tunnel under Baltimore's inner harbor (in '90-'91) and the damn tunnel TOOK OVER my radio with a static-y message of "Do not pass. Do not pass. Stay in your lane." over and over. Which reminded me of the movie. I can't for the life of me recall anything else but the dread I felt at the end of the movie...)

Thanks MeFites!
posted by kidelo to Grab Bag (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Best answer: Prince of Darkness
posted by Cool Papa Bell at 5:54 PM on June 4, 2010 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Link
posted by Cool Papa Bell at 5:55 PM on June 4, 2010

Response by poster: ...and, SCENE!
Thanks Cool Papa!
posted by kidelo at 6:51 PM on June 4, 2010

Good grief I had almost forgotten about this movie and the creepy as dreams it gave me. I don't know why we felt the need to go in our basement and act out parts of this, I was terrified of mirrors having liquid surfaces for some time.
posted by MrBobaFett at 10:15 PM on June 4, 2010

One of my favorites from being a kid. Scared me shitless. It's available streaming on Netflix, and I watched it last fall I think. Still pretty scary.
posted by Admiral Haddock at 6:12 AM on June 5, 2010

« Older Help me release my music into the wild!   |   Still hoping against hope... Newer »