sad mefite is sad. i can has CBT?
June 4, 2010 10:49 AM   Subscribe

NYC-filter: recommendations for a therapist who does CBT or something similar.

I'm in Queens and have access to the E,F,V,G,R trains. Someone in Manhattan in Midtown or the UES would be good, though I'm willing to travel all the way to south Brooklyn if necessary :)

I have (long-standing) depression and (recently discovered) ADHD. A female therapist is preferable, but if you know a good male one recommend him anyway.

My insurance is United Health (if you happen to know what insurances your therapist accepts).

Thanks everybody for helping!
posted by lolichka to Health & Fitness (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I know a good one. He's male, but not in a bad way. (I'm male too, so take that with a grain of salt.) Message me privately and I'll give you more details on how he helped me, and how he works.
posted by jorgej at 12:25 PM on June 4, 2010

You could also try:

The Center for Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy
137 East 36th Street
Suite #4
New York, NY 10016

The Center for Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy is a private group practice in midtown Manhattan. The diverse staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality psychological services available. These services include individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and psychological testing and assessment.

The Center is also a training facility for graduate students in clinical psychology doctoral programs, who have varying levels of clinical experience. Therefore, the Center offers a sliding fee scale for persons who would otherwise be prohibited from accessing appropriate mental health.
posted by ladypants at 4:20 PM on June 5, 2010

« Older Dimly visible through the haze: a snippet of...   |   Wasteland of material goods Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.