Flute solo music needed

Does anyone know where I could get sheet music for a Belle and Sebastian song?

My fiance and I would like my cousin (who is a master at the flute) to play the flute solo from "We Rule the School" during our wedding...but I cannot find the sheet music anywhere. Let me know if you can help.
posted by quentiniii to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Your best bet is to have a really talented musician transcribe it for you.
posted by phrontist at 12:46 PM on June 1, 2010

Yeah, seconding phrontist. Belle and Sebastian have stated that they aren't going to release sheet music for the flute parts in their songs:
Q.Is there any plans to make sheet music available for the flute arrangements that feature on many of your songs? The web is overflowing with guitar tabs for B+S songs but nowhere seems to have anything for the flute.

A. We did have plans to make an all encompassing book that had the principle arrangements scored, but after planning it since 1998 (!) we've given up on it. It was going to cost the publishers more to put out than they could sell it for. That was the Alisdair Gray book.
Stuart.
posted by jedicus at 12:50 PM on June 1, 2010 [3 favorites]

Sent you mefi-mail. In short- professional musicians do this sort of transcription/take-down service all the time. It is often the only option when sheet music isn't available for a variety of reasons.
posted by RachelSmith at 1:02 PM on June 1, 2010

I'll have it written out for you in a few minutes.
posted by ludwig_van at 1:09 PM on June 1, 2010 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Here you go.
posted by ludwig_van at 1:34 PM on June 1, 2010 [7 favorites]

How did ludwig_van's answer not get marked as best?
posted by piratebowling at 8:17 AM on June 11, 2010

« Older What should I do with a contaminated bottle of a...   |   What do I need to do before driving this car? Newer »