Donde es el wire?

Where to find electroluminescent wire in Los Angeles? Burners, hope me!

I'm not the first person to ask this question, but *fingers crossed* I get better answers this time around. I know I can order online, but I'd prefer to just drive to a store and buy it because I really want to start making something awesome with it.
posted by mandymanwasregistered to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

How about Fry's?
posted by Rhomboid at 12:41 AM on May 20, 2010

Live Wire Neon has a pop-up store that opens closer to Burn time (July/August), but that won't help you get glowing ASAP.

World Aglow is in Orange County if you're up for a minor drive, but you have to call for details as they don't advertise a storefront and I'm not sure what they'll tell you. (A guy named Mike there used to do EL wire workshops; maybe ask for him?)

And there's always the Related Businesses link that BMHQ maintains, but it's mostly online resources that you're probably already familiar with.
posted by mykescipark at 1:51 AM on May 20, 2010

Possibly at All Electronics Corporation
14928 Oxnard Street
Van Nuys, CA 91411
There's none listed on their website, but they often have small quantities of random stuff in stock.
posted by spacewrench at 7:04 AM on May 20, 2010

No suggestions for you. (car shops can have small pieces, but overpriced) But if you order online today, from a California company, you should have it by tomorrow or the next day. I ordered from Glow hut and they had it to me within 2 days.
posted by Vaike at 10:26 AM on May 20, 2010

If Apex doesn't have it, they would probably know where to find it. I would call first.
posted by The World Famous at 10:54 AM on May 20, 2010

« Older Fair Trade Cars? Computers? iPods?   |   Bruschetta + trousers = :( Newer »