NetFlix-esque Envelopes

I want to purchase envelopes similar to the ones NetFlix uses. Where can I get these?

They need to have the front flap for information as well as the detatchable inside for easy returning. They will only be sending a postcard and possibly checks, though, so they don't have to be especially sturdy. Help!
posted by amandaudoff to Shopping (6 answers total)

I realize this is not strictly an answer to the question, but i hate those envelopes and would really recommend against using them. The only reason I tolerate them is that everything else about NetFlix rocks.

I seem to recall that NetFlix owns a patent on them, so you may not be able to get them easily regardless. But I could be wrong about that.
posted by kindall at 9:34 PM on February 20, 2005

There is a patent pending notice on the envelope.

However, if you only have a small run of them, they look easily hand produceable.
posted by Gucky at 9:58 PM on February 20, 2005

I need quite a few of them...about three hundred. If they can't be bought...is there any other sufficient alternative? It's for a donation mailing where people get a form and envelope and send back a check. We want to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible.
posted by amandaudoff at 10:06 PM on February 20, 2005

What about something like these?

Note: I in no way recommend or endore that company--I just found them on Google with search term "Return Envelopes." But I bet any printing place could get similar envelopes for you. They're specialized, but they don't seem rare. I know I've gotten similar things from the private high school I went to, looking for donations. I've seen them in churches, too.
posted by bcwinters at 10:26 PM on February 20, 2005

Awesome! Thanks bcwinters!
posted by amandaudoff at 11:00 PM on February 20, 2005

You can buy standard DVD mailers at walmart, in the stationary department, or from that site I just linked too.
posted by delmoi at 12:55 AM on February 21, 2005

« Older Instancing a Microsoft Access form   |   How do I connect GameCube and Game Boy Advanced? Newer »