[Help me Find a Book Filter] Children's book about a monkey/chimpanzee "family" that sleeps in trees and eats ants using a stick?

When I was a kid in the 1980s, I had a book that told the story of a monkey or chimp family that lived or slept in trees and used sticks to catch ants to eat. Would anyone know what this book is called and who the author is?
I don't remember it as being a book for babies or toddlers; it was more like a book for kids 7-10 years old.
I do remember it had illustrations rather than photographs.
It's not Curious George.
Thanks for any help!
posted by FergieBelle to Grab Bag (2 answers total)

I don't recall the name of the book, but maybe this will help jog the memories of others...

Is this the one where the "big sister/sibling" of one of the monkeys shows how they can catch ants to eat by inserting a stick into an ant hill and pulling it out all covered with ants?

If so, I recall reading it too when I was younger, but I don't remember the name unfortunately.
posted by xotis at 8:55 AM on May 12, 2010

Response by poster: Xotis, that sounds spot-on. I'm hopeful someone can remember better than we can; I'd really like to share this book with my own daughter.
posted by FergieBelle at 9:12 AM on May 12, 2010

« Older Plunging into the refi ocean.   |   Don't want to be a wimp anymore Newer »