Sociology Bookfilter

I read a book about 15 years ago called the Sociology of Sex. Judging by the condition of the book, it must have been published in the late 60s or early 70s in the UK although I might be wrong on the place. It was a paperback with a grey cover. I've forgotten the author's name, and googling/powelling comes up short. I think the book may be out of print. Can the all powerful Askme help point me in the right direction? (There is a more recent publication out there called the Sociology of sex; I've checked and its not an updated version of the book i'm talking about)
posted by ramix to Education (5 answers total)

Could it be Love in Action: The Sociology of Sex? by Fernando Enriques? Published 1960.
posted by Rumple at 3:40 PM on February 18, 2005

I don't know about "The Sociology of Sex", but you might be thinking about "The Philosophy of Sex" - I bought it a few years back, my copy looks a lot more grey than the image on Amazon.
posted by pwb503 at 3:42 PM on February 18, 2005

Image of the Enriques book if it helps. Much cheaper copy on ebay.
posted by Rumple at 3:45 PM on February 18, 2005

Rumple no, that's not it. The one i remember had black and white images (pictures, not illustrations) and dealt with topics like sex in "primitive" societies, the gender roles in sexual intercourse and others. It was a fairly thick paperback, i'd say the size of a Tom Clancy novel. Thanks though.
Thanks pwb , that looks interesting too. I'll check it out.
posted by ramix at 3:58 PM on February 18, 2005

Dang. Well how about this one?

Studies in the sociology of sex.
Author(s): Henslin, James M., ; ed.
Publication: New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts
Year: 1971
Description: vi, 410 p. 22 cm.
Language: English
Standard No: ISBN: 0390434957

Amazon copy

Or a reader with a similar name, edited by Henslin, but dating to 1978. This is probably a collection of essays.
posted by Rumple at 4:18 PM on February 18, 2005

« Older Is gas or electric better for a stove?   |   How do you (not) haggle when buying a car? Newer »