Hentai Recommendations

Recommend some hentai targeted towards women (probably NSFW at some point)

The stuff I've seen (which isn't much) seems rather...well, like it was mostly targeted at men. Not much to identify with as a woman, unless you like being humiliated or hurt.
I'm mostly just curious and kinky oddness is fine, I just don't like the gender slant of what I've read so far.
posted by Omnomnom to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

I forgot to say 'please'! Please!
posted by Omnomnom at 2:55 PM on May 7, 2010 [1 favorite]

i'm on a work computer and can't search anything - but if you want to switch the power roles - search futinari. gals with big dicks who abuse boys. now, you might not want anything so heavy into humiliation/pain/bdsm - but it's certainly a different slant.
posted by nadawi at 3:23 PM on May 7, 2010

You might look for stuff labeled as "yaoi." That means stories about romantic and/or sexual relationships between two men, largely written by women for a female audience. The stories range from sex-free love stories to rather more graphic and/or kinky tales.
posted by lore at 3:36 PM on May 7, 2010

A large percentage of the hentai made for women is yaoi- that is, m/m relationships. It's highly stylized and it engages in the traditional romance tropes along with actual erotica. Even if you're leery of m/m stories, you might browse a little. The art for a lot of yaoi is so romanticized that you can't tell one (or both!) of the guys is a guy at all.
posted by headspace at 3:41 PM on May 7, 2010

Hokusai's "The dream of the Fisherman's wife" (NSFW: tentacles, cephalopod-human relations) might be relevant. Technically an example of shunga, hentai's ancestor.
posted by zippy at 4:22 PM on May 7, 2010

Thanks, that points me in the right direction. Do you have any more specific recommendations?
posted by Omnomnom at 12:38 AM on May 8, 2010

« Older Steel is strong, but flesh is stronger...   |   Help him do his duty. Newer »