Is this some kind of scam?

I don't use any 3rd party applications on Facebook but is this some kind of adware/phishing/virus etc? The images in the right frame appeared while typing a status update; when I finished entering the update they disappeared. I haven't been able to reproduce this consistently but it has happened twice since yesterday. Anyone seen this?
posted by domographer to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

Unrelated: In 2010 this might be a laughable statement, but you've got a name on that screen shot--dunno if you meant for that to show, since now it's linked to your username here.
posted by phunniemee at 12:55 PM on April 26, 2010

That looks less like a scam to me and more like some malformed html is displaying all the images in a gallery, perhaps?
posted by CharlesV42 at 1:17 PM on April 26, 2010

Thanks. I guess I was more concerned with my friends' privacy I forgot about my own!
posted by domographer at 1:18 PM on April 26, 2010

Sorry. Seems like replacing the photo on flickr broke the link.
This should work.
posted by domographer at 1:22 PM on April 26, 2010

Looks to me like a misbehaving add-on. Try disabling Greasemonkey or any other content-manipulating extensions and see if that fixes the problem. Through trial-and-error you may be able to find the culprit.
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 1:59 PM on April 26, 2010

That was it. I completely forgot I had installed greasemonkey. Thanks so much!
posted by domographer at 2:45 PM on April 26, 2010

« Older Darling, don't you go and cut his hair...   |   everyone you know someday will die Newer »