Help me work in my jammies!

Simple (?) CS5 licensing question that I can't find the answer to on Adobe's site:

If my employer buys a copy of CS5 for me to use at work, can I load the same copy at home for telecommuting? Wouldn't this be like using the same software on a laptop and desktop, which is (or at least used to be) allowed? No one else would be using the software.

I want to ask about telecommuting, but the cost of the software is going to be an issue. I'd like to have my facts straight first, and I don't want to call Adobe since I don't actually have any purchasing authority.
posted by JoanArkham to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

This is what it says in the CS4 license agreement. I would imagine that CS5 will be the same.

2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.5, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.1 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer. You may be required to contact Adobe in order to make a second copy.
posted by Susurration at 11:34 AM on April 21, 2010 [1 favorite]

Whoops, forgot to post section 2.5! Here you go:

2.5 Restrictions on Secondary Use by Volume Licensees. If the Software was obtained under an Adobe volume license program (currently known as Adobe Open Options) by any licensee other than an educational volume licensee, the second copy of the Software made under Section 2.4 must be used solely for the benefit and business of that volume licensee. For more information about secondary use by volume licensees, please visit our website at http://www.adobe.com/go/open_options.
posted by Susurration at 11:35 AM on April 21, 2010

Bingo! Many thanks.
posted by JoanArkham at 11:38 AM on April 21, 2010

« Older Help Me Plan My Yellowstone Trip!   |   find a diagnosis Newer »