12 years experience putting off writing my resume

Can anyone recommend a resume writing service that will do a good job on an IT resume?

I've been putting off writing my resume for months because I have a huge mental block when it comes to that sort of thing and I have finally accepted that I just need to pay someone else to do it for me. Has anyone here used any resume writing services? If so, were you satisfied with their work?
posted by Maisie to Work & Money (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

I do not have a specific answer to your question, but I just wanted to mention that the resume service can only be as good as the information you give them. I would suggest starting now and writing down everything that you have accomplished professionally, as well as anything you have done non-professionally that would benefit your resume in the particular field you are looking for. This way, if you can give them a few pages of data, they can format it and make it pleasing to potential employers.
posted by AltReality at 9:14 AM on April 19, 2010

Listen to the manager tools "Your Resume Stinks" podcast. Complete the career management document according to their recommendations. Use it to produce a resume. Then use their resume review service.

This podcasts takes you step by step through what you need to do, so it does wonders for addressing the mental block.
posted by bfranklin at 10:55 AM on April 19, 2010 [2 favorites]

Go to the thepaperexperts.com. I have no affiliation, I have just used them in the past. It is not a automated process you actually get to talk to the writer. Before you enlist their services I would do as the first string suggests....
posted by justinimages at 6:54 AM on April 20, 2010

Thanks AltReality, bfranklin and justinimages. I found a mefite to work with on my resume so I'm going to mark it resolved. Yay for mefites coming to the rescue. :)
posted by Maisie at 12:25 PM on April 20, 2010

« Older Camera setup suggestions...?   |   The Pleasure of Writing Newer »