Tweetly tweetly tweet?

Has Rockin' Robin (not necessarily Michael Jackson's performance) been sampled in any songs, hip-hop or any other genre?

No, Andy's a capella performance on The Office doesn't count.
posted by halogen to Media & Arts (7 answers total)

Best answer: I didn't see anything listed at either the-breaks nor whosampled, but you can't prove a negative, y'know?

Has any version of 'Rockin' Robin' been sampled by anybody, anywhere, ever? I'm guessing yes.
posted by box at 3:30 PM on April 3, 2010

A capella version here in barbershopesque quartet. There's also a women's barbershop arrangement that I can't find a link to. And here's the muppets.
posted by kch at 3:44 PM on April 3, 2010

Not a sample, but another cover version -- new wave band Ebn Ozn (minor hit: AEIOY sometimes Y) did a version of it on their one album, Feeling Cavalier. 1983, I think. Unfortunately can't find a link to the track anywhere.
posted by the bricabrac man at 4:41 PM on April 3, 2010

Isn't there an annoying song played at dances/wedding receptions that switches back and forth from Rockin Robin to Twist with some Hawaii 5-0 theme thrown in? I don't know how to google that to find it. It has a lot of "She rocks in the treehouse, all day long" in it.
posted by artychoke at 4:46 PM on April 3, 2010

Lots of Youtube results for "Rockin' Robin remix."
posted by sallybrown at 5:00 PM on April 3, 2010

A version showed up on the American "The Office". It was an acapalla remix created and used as a ringtone by the Andy character. A sample can be found here
posted by alikins at 10:16 AM on April 4, 2010

Doh, didn't read enough of the question.
posted by alikins at 10:54 AM on April 4, 2010

« Older Collaborative Screenwriting?   |   When the brain goes, what goes next? Newer »