Help me find relief!
March 30, 2010 11:13 AM   Subscribe

Does anyone know where I can find Nick Relief, a product which helps stanch shaving cuts, in Manhattan?

I'm looking for this great product but can't find it in Manhattan. Brooklyn acceptable too.
posted by j1950 to Shopping (5 answers total)
I get styptic pens in a drug store. Almost every drug store I have ever been in. Is there something specific about that brand? I cut myself too often and would love a product that seals without the sting.
posted by JohnnyGunn at 11:30 AM on March 30, 2010

I gather that's just an alum block? Any drugstore will sell a generic version. I've seen that specific product at a number of barbershops; any place that does shaves or uses a straight razor for outlining probably has a bunch of unopened tubes kicking around.
posted by Inspector.Gadget at 11:31 AM on March 30, 2010

Have you considered a regular styptic pencil? try here.
posted by leotrotsky at 11:31 AM on March 30, 2010

Well, you could just buy a styptic pencil from any duane reade, walgreens, or equivalent, and then crush it into a powder? They are just alum sulfate powder (which is what that is), compressed and bound into a stick.
posted by robokevin at 11:32 AM on March 30, 2010

Pasteur Pharmacy at 806 Lexington Ave or 53 E 34th St has a good rep for wet shaving supplies among the aficionados.
posted by smackfu at 11:37 AM on March 30, 2010 [1 favorite]

« Older by invitation only   |   How to Shorten a Dress in Denver Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.