How to make this line effect in Word.

How to create this line effect in Word 2007?

I have been doing an outline and somehow I made this line effect and don't remember. Here's what I do know:
Its not a table with borders missing and its not a drawn line.
One thing to note when i add above or below the section Word keeps the outlining format (that is 1, 2, 3 above then 4, 5, 6 below)
I tried many outlining programs but I don't think I pasted this into Word.

Thanks so much in advance!
posted by dolemite01 to Technology (4 answers total)

On a new line, if you type --- (three dashes) and then press enter, the line effect should show up.
posted by eisenkr at 10:18 PM on March 24, 2010 [1 favorite]

Paragraphs can have borders too, not just tables. Click on the "Borders and Shading" button.
posted by stopgap at 10:27 PM on March 24, 2010

stopgap has it. Just give the paragraph a border with a line on top, a line on the bottom, and nothing on the sides.
posted by Sys Rq at 10:30 PM on March 24, 2010

Besides what everyone else has suggested, and in the same vein as eisenkr's advice, I've always [accidentally] achieved this effect when going to town with a line of underscores. It realizes what you're trying to do and just turns it into a horizontal rule.
posted by june made him a gemini at 4:11 AM on March 25, 2010

« Older Other than butthurt   |   How do I rename a project in Scrivener? Newer »