Adhesive For Automotive Trim
March 23, 2010 3:44 PM   Subscribe

The solid piece of rubber trim around the wheel well of my car is gradually peeling away. What kind of adhesive should I use to reattach it?
posted by dephlogisticated to Travel & Transportation (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I don't know the answer to this, but I bet somebody at the CarTalk forums would. (, search programs for car talk).

Good luck!
posted by bilabial at 4:31 PM on March 23, 2010

Permatex weatherstrip adhesive available at the big car part retailers, Pep Boys, etc.
posted by digsrus at 4:48 PM on March 23, 2010

What type of car?

is it around the outside of the wheel well (on the fender) or is it the big black liner inside the well? Either way, on my cars it's held in place with trim screws rather than adhesives. Pretty standard stuff, available at most auto parts stores.
posted by paanta at 5:05 PM on March 23, 2010

Fast Tack Automotive trim adhesive -- that's what it's for!! :)

Here's a link to shopping results at Grainger Industrial Supply

Really any local auto parts store will likely have it.
posted by lonefrontranger at 5:16 PM on March 23, 2010

Yep, any chain auto store carries "molding/trim" adhesive. Permatex has worked the best for me, just be careful, the stuff can be messy and nearly impossible to remove from clothing
posted by peewinkle at 5:56 PM on March 23, 2010

I use This to That for all my gluing questions.
posted by cross_impact at 9:36 AM on March 24, 2010

« Older Where is Enoch Benedict Buried?   |   Bike Seat Bruising Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.