Is it possible to copy your safari browser session from your iPhone to a Mac?

During my morning commute I'll often open a half-dozen or so Safari windows on my iPhone as I check news stories and my rss feeds. Is there a way to automatically open these same windows on my Mac when I sync?
posted by subpixel to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)
You can't copy your browser session but you can sync your bookmarks. Can you bookmark the current page in each window before syncing the iPhone?
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 8:12 AM on March 19, 2010

I use a specific bookmark folder to move pages back and forth between desktop and mobile safari.

I just heard of PhoneView which will show you what pages are currently open in mobile safari. I suspect an Automator script could be written to make the process automated everytime you plugin your phone.
posted by fief at 8:48 AM on March 19, 2010

Best solution: Instapaper bookmarklet saved as a regular bookmark and synced to Safari mobile. When I see something I want to look at on my Mac, I just add it to Instapaper.

When I get to the office, I can quickly scan my newest unread items in Instapaper and open them in new browser tabs.
posted by subpixel at 9:51 AM on March 19, 2010

This might be too much - I use netnewswire to read my rss feeds - on both my mac and my iphone (and it syncs via google reader.)

I'll read stuff on the phone, 'flag' it - and it shows up on netnewswire automagically. Bonus the mac app can post to instapaper and delicious.
posted by filmgeek at 10:49 AM on March 19, 2010

« Older JBoss 5.1 upgrade   |   Looking for a HD camcorder. Newer »